Saturday, December 31, 2011

Review: Forever

“If I only have ten minutes, Sam, this is what I want to say. You're not the best of us. You're more than that. You're better than all of us. If I only have ten minutes, I would tell you to go out there and live. I'd say...please take your guitar and sing your songs to as many people as you can. Please fold a thousand more of those damn birds of yours. Please kiss that girl a million times.” 

Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
Publisher: Scholastic Inc.
Book: 3 of 3
Pages: 390

The thrilling conclusion to #1 bestselling Shiver trilogy from Maggie Stievater
In Maggie Stiefvater's SHIVER, Grace and Sam found each other. In LINGER, they fought to be together. Now, in FOREVER, the stakes are even higher than before. Wolves are being hunted. Lives are being threatened. And love is harder and harder to hold on to as death comes closing in.

"Is a rare moment when I don't enjoy a YA book. I enjoyed the other books in this series, but this one not so much. Yeah, the story was interesting enough, but some things left me feeling disappointed. It had almost no dialog, just the different characters going on and on and on. Just keeping up with the 4 different POVs and keeping up with every single thought they were having was exhausting...I just couldn't enjoy it enough. Glad I got that over with." -Shirley Quinones

My Thoughts:
I was thrilled to start reading Forever, but sadly I didn't love it as much as I loved Shiver and Linger. The first chapters for me were to long and nothing much happened. Also, I felt the beginning of the book had to long of a summary then the first two books. However not everything was bad. I liked how Maggie Stiefvater developed Cole and Isabel's relationship better than Sam and Grace's. Everyone knows already that Sam and Grace love each other and that they can't get together because certain situations, but nothing else develops between them because it's already established in the first book that they are going to end up together.

The ending for me wasn't great, I was expecting more to come out of the series. I wished there was more to it than how the author decided to end it, but to me there is more to be written about the Mercy Falls wolves. Maybe a sort story will come out to tell us about what has happened with the characters since the last time we read about them? Will just have to wait and see.


Cover rating: A

No comments:

Post a Comment