Saturday, December 31, 2011

Review: Shiver

“You're beautiful and sad," I said finally, not looking at him when I did. "Just like your eyes. You're like a song that I heard when I was a little kid but forgot I knew until I heard it again." For a long moment there was only the whirring sound of the tires on the road, and then Sam said softly, "Thank you.” 

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
Publisher: Scholastic INC.
Book: 1 of 3
Pages: 392

From a dazzlingly talented young writer, a haunting and original supernatural romance in the vein of TWILIGHT.
For years, Grace has watched the wolves in the woods behind her house. One yellow-eyed wolf--her wolf--is a chilling presence she can't seem to live without. Meanwhile, Sam has lived two lives: In winter, the frozen woods, the protection of the pack, and the silent company of a fearless girl. In summer, a few precious months of being human . . . until the cold makes him shift back again.
Now, Grace meets a yellow-eyed boy whose familiarity takes her breath away. It's her wolf. It has to be. But as winter nears, Sam must fight to stay human--or risk losing himself, and Grace, forever.


"Few people in Mercy Falls adore the wolves the way Grace does; in fact, most want them dead after the attack on a local teenage boy. But Grace feels a connection with the wolves, especially the one with the yellow eyes. After all, he is the one who saved her years ago when she was attacked. Sam may not remember everything when he shifts, but he remembers Grace. He has silently watched her from the woods since she was a young girl, feeling a connection to her but never knowing why. When the two finally meet, both of their worlds fall into place as Grace and Sam find something in each other that they have never felt before. But winter is fast approaching and Grace risks losing Sam forever to the pack. Every shiver is a reminder that everything she has always wanted could be gone in an instant."  -Mollie Johnson
My Thoughts:
Before buying this book I read some reviews and got other people's opinions (who've read it before me), many of them said/told me it was like Twilight, but everyone keeps saying that about every non-Twilight books. It's probably because these days story lines seem to be the same about love triangles, but I would like to say that it gets old having everything compared to Twilight. Just because a lot of YA and paranormal novels have love triangles and "they may" seem the same, does not mean they are just like Twilight. I've read plenty of novels with love triangles and all of them have been amazingly written in their own way. I'm glad I purchased Shiver, it was a wonderful journey for me. The chemistry and struggle between the main characters is unforgettable. It's the best

Cover rating: B

No comments:

Post a Comment