Saturday, December 31, 2011

Review: Linger

“I won't let this be my good-bye. I've folded one thousand paper crane memories of me and Grace, and I've made my wish. I will find a cure. And then I will find Grace.” 

Linger by Maggie Stiefvater
Publisher: Scholastic Inc.
Book: 2 of 3
Pages: 360
The astonishing #1 New York Times bestseller.
In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. Now, in Linger, they must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping a very dangerous secret about her own well-being. For Sam, this means grappling with his werewolf past . . . and figuring out a way to survive into the future. Add into the mix a new wolf named Cole, whose own past has the potential to destroy the whole pack. And Isabelle, who already lost her brother to the wolves . . . and is nonetheless drawn to Cole.

 "The second in the Wolves of Mercy Falls series, Linger picks up with Sam and Grace, relieved that their cure—injecting Sam with bacterial meningitis—seems to have worked. Despite the cold, Sam has stopped shifting into his wolf form. Now, however, they are faced with even more dangerous challenges. A new wolf, Cole, has joined the pack, and his reckless behavior may threaten everything that keeps them safe. Meanwhile, Mr. Culpepper, who believes the wolves are to blame for his son's death, is waging a personal war on their population. As Sam struggles to assume the role as the leader of the pack, he and Grace are pulled apart, a situation made more difficult when her parents disapprove of their deepening romance. Something more sinister also threatens their love for one another, and it leads them to a decision point for which neither of them is ready." -Ali Wilson 

My Thoughts:
Linger blew me away. While I was reading the book I instantly fell in love with Cole and his way of thinking. To those, Cole might seem just like every other guy, but there's that hidden intelligence that lies beneath his good looks and stunning personality. The fact that during Linger he tries to find a cure for the werewolves in stopping their transformation. He makes me feel the need to research how to cure the wolves myself. Like I can find the answer to the fictional situation that Maggie has presented.

Cover rating: A

No comments:

Post a Comment