Monday, January 2, 2012

My Top 8 YA and Paranormal Novels of 2011

It's time for my favorite novels of 2011! I must express with you all the love I have for these amazing books that came out. We can all agree that it was the best year for YA and Paranormal authors, every day of the week new novels were filling out shelves and flying off them. I could swear that each time I walked into the book store a new novel would catch my eye and I just had to buy it right then and there. I mean, it's not every day (or we should say year) that we get great books like these that come out and bring so much joy to our life's. It's a rare case to find such outstanding works of master pieces. With ending in a year that has brought us tons of fantastic books, you can expect more brilliant books to come in 2012. So with that said, here are that books that brought me joy while gripping my heart and never wanting to let go.

Darkest Mercy by Melissa Marr
Wicked Lovely #5 
 
Honestly I'm at a loss now that this series is finally over. It's heartbreaking to know that I've been left behind in reality while the world of Wicked Lovely continues on without me. I'm deeply in love with Faeries (their my favorite paranormal creatures) that I wish I could join them.

For all the Faerie series I've read, this one is the kicker. It has grown attached to me like new flower bud that attaches it's self to the earth (I hope that makes sense) and it didn't go on forever and grow tiresome like most series have done. All the different events with each character has opened them in a new perspective that allowed me to understand them more. Plus, I've grown to like some of them that I disliked before. This book will tug at you're heart and fill you with sweet emotions.




 Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
A Beautiful Creatures Novel #3



Beautiful Chaos brings much more events to light than the first two did. The action is more thrilling and of course like all great series, it ends on a ridiculous cliffhanger (that made me want to scream and pull my hair out yelling "Why!?"). What's funny is, I don't really enjoy books where boys are the main character and narrate the whole time. You can say I prefer them more as the good looking mysterious guy that the main girl always falls head over heels for, but surprisingly Ethan really hit it off for me. I enjoyed every minute of him and I still can't get enough.

Beautiful Chaos makes me pumped for the last book to come out, but it also makes me sad that I'm gonna have to wait for it!But you know, it's worth the wait because I know Garcia and Stohl are putting their all into this last installment of Beautiful Creatures series.


 Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini


I'm a huge fanatic when it comes to Greek mythology, so when I stumbled upon "Starcrossed" and read the review, I knew I had to get it and it does not disappoint one bit!

The story was well written and the ending was fantastic with all the action and adventure happening at once. I've heard it's suppose to be a trilogy (which I'm looking forward to). The mystery has yet to be solved nor were all the questions answered in the end, so how could the adventure stop now? One thing I took noticed in "Starcrossed" was that it reminds me of The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare, due to the fact that the relationship between Helena and Lucas (the main characters) are forbidden despite the huge attraction they have for one another. And if you've read, there's a part near the end that reminds me of it more cause of what her mother admits to them all (tho I don't believe it to be true)With that said, I'm definitely planning to buy the sequel when it comes out. This was an exciting adventure for me to read and I highly recommend it to all of you YA, Paranormal and Greek mythology lovers to get it.



Awake at Dawn by C.C. Hunter
A Shadow Falls Novel #2

 
With every paranormal aspects of this book, I continue to love it more and more. All the different species are interesting, the way  each and everyone of them interacting with each other makes the series more fun, you don't see the much often in other series. I'm really more interested into knowing what species Kylie is and I can't wait to find out.
I enjoyed every minute of this book, but the ending is what really caught my spark! A certain event happens (again I'm not going to ruin it for any of you) in the back half of the book that I believe will set this series apart from other YA and Paranormal novels. It has really added a new situation to the scene and I can hardly wait for the third book to come out!

Soul Screamers by Rachel Vincent
Soul Screamers Novel Volume 1 #0.5-2


This book really knocked my socks off! I enjoyed the fascinating discovering about Kaylee’s origins. I enjoyed that her aunt, uncle, cousin and father got huge parts in this series and I loved getting to read their stories. At first, they seem like the typical family, but behind closed doors you quickly find out that there is a lot more then what you know. The investigation of finding out why Nash and Kaylee's classmates were dating had me on the edge of my seat. I wish that Rachel Vincent would of spend more time on the origins of bean sidhe, the Irish folklore and that she didn't make Nash always so quick to come to the rescue.

Overall, I thought this was a fantastic YA novel. The ending was amazing and the storyline was well written.. Kaylee has the potential to be a great heroine if she would just shut the hell up and listen to others for once. If she manages to accomplish that, it could make this series very entertaining.



Wolfsbane by Andrea CremerA NightShade Novel #2

I was over joyed to be back in the Nightshade world with the pack. Once again Andrea's writing pulled me in and kept me  needing to know what happened next. Plus, getting to read more of Calla and Shay,with the developments of their relationship, was a joyous ride. Having each of them with their own stories and quirks to tell was entertaining sense of humor. The plot of twists, romantic tensions and betrayal make this book much more of a amazing read. The stories and memories each characters share in Wolfsbane are nothing more then outstanding.
If you though Nightshade was intense, just step into the world of Wolfsbane and you'll get more then you've asked for, but in a different way that's better. My one complaint? The cliffhanger Wolfsbane left us with, I wanted more then what they left! (Which I did from Bloodrose)

No comments:

Post a Comment